Your Cart is Currently Empty
HOMEMADE TREAT RECIPES FOR YOUR DOG AND CAT
Most pet owners can testify that their pets would do anything to get a treat. Treats are used as a reward for pets, to train pets, or to just indulge them. Whatever the reason for offering pets a treat, it makes them happy and excited and increases the bond and love between pets and their owners. While you can buy treats from the store for your pets, you can also make treats at home to suit your pet's needs and health conditions at any time. Here are some easy homemade treat recipes for your dog and cat:
- Chop the salmon into fine tiny bits, then mix it with the whisked egg and wheat flour until it forms a dough. The mixture should have the right consistency, not too dry and not too wet.
- Dust some flour onto your cutting board and roll the dough on it (it should be ¼ inch thick), then using your cookie cutter, cut into your desired shape.
- Arrange treats on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven to bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees till crunchy and light brown.
- Store in an airtight container
- Homemade dog bone treats: For this recipe, you will need 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of skimmed milk, and 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in one bowl, and then mix the peanut butter and milk in another bowl.
- When properly mixed, add the contents of both bowls together and knead until it's smooth.
- Roll the mixture onto your cutting board and cut it using a cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Fruity ice cream for pets: For this recipe, you will need plain yogurt, bananas, and xylitol-free peanut butter.
- Mash the bananas and mix with a few ounces of your plain yogurt.
- Add a tablespoon of the peanut butter, mix properly and freeze for some hours.
For this recipe, you will need 1 pound of chicken, 2 yolks of egg, 1 tin of unsalted sardines in water, 1 tablespoon of your cat’s preferred catnip, ¼ cup of water, 1/3 cup of yeast.
- Blend the chicken, sardines with the water, yeast, catnip, and egg yolks into a thick paste.
- Pour into a Ziploc bag and create a ½ inch opening, then squeeze small balls of it out onto a baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated oven till properly cooked.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight container or a refrigerator.
- Mash the banana and cooked sweet potato together till properly mixed, then add the applesauce, carrots, whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and water and mix together.
- Roll the mixture onto a cutting board and ensure it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut it into strips and place on a baking sheet, then bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Leave to cool and refrigerate.
For this recipe, you will need a jar of rice and chicken baby food, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 cup of brown rice flour, ¼ cup of chopped parsley, ½ cup of cooked rice.
- Break the egg into a bowl, add parsley, baby food, olive oil, and water, and whisk together.
- Add the cooked rice and brown rice flour and stir properly into a thick mixture.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bits and return into the oven for about 8 minutes.
- Diabetic dog treats: For this recipe, you will need 2 eggs, ½ cup of whole wheat flour, and 1 ½ cup of chopped beef liver.
- Put all ingredients together in a bowl or food processor and mix properly.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and pour the mix into it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Leave to cool and cut into bits, it will have a spongy texture.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
With the above simple treat recipes, pleasing your pets wouldn't be difficult. As a plus, you get to control what your pets take in and decide which products are suitable for your pet and which ones are not.